Module 1 – Unconscious Bias
Our biases can be dangerous, even deadly — as we’ve seen in the cases of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, and Eric Garner, in Staten Island, New York. Diversity advocate Vernā Myers looks closely at some of the subconscious attitudes we hold toward out-groups.
- View the How to Overcome our Biases? Walk Boldly Toward Them video. https://www.ted.com/talks/verna_myers_how_to_overc…
- Take the Implicit Association Test (IAT). https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.ht…
- Post your reaction to the IAT results. Do you agree or disagree? Why? Why not?
- Write an original post (at least 250 words or more) on your thoughts, feelings and similar experiences. Use at least one reference to support your ideas.
- Respond to one of your classmate’s posting with meaningful answers. (I will send you 1 clasmate work after submiting my part, I will need a 100 words reply)
- To see the grading rubric, click on the 3-dot menu on the top-right side of screen.