B. Select one of the given communicable diseases that has had a regional outbreak in region C according to the “National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion Regions” in the Web Links section. The outbreak must have occurred in the last 50 years:
- respiratory syndrome coronavirus
- Ebola virus
- Zika virus
C. Describe the outbreak of the disease selected in part A, including each of the following:
- the name of the disease
- the name of your CDC region impacted by the outbreak
- the date (i.e., month and year) the outbreak was discovered in your CDC region
- the other CDC regions impacted by the outbreak
- 1. Describe two risk factors associated with the selected outbreak, the route of transmission of the disease, and one epidemiological determinant for the selected outbreak.
D. Discuss how an outbreak of the disease from part A would impact your community at a systems level (e.g., the functioning of schools, local government, businesses, hospitals).
- 1. Compare a community outbreak that occurred in a country outside of the U.S. at a systems level.
- 2. Explain the reporting protocol for the community from local levels to the CDC if an outbreak of the selected disease were to occur in your CDC region.
- 3. Discuss two strategies (e.g., patient education, community vaccine promotion) that you would recommend to prevent an outbreak of the selected disease in your CDC region and include why each strategy is recommended.D
D. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
E. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.