Critical thinking question
Create a Microsoft Word document and answer the following questions based on this module’s readings. Your response should be a minimum of 3–5 sentences in length, original (in your own words), and use professional writing.
- What is meant by evidence for nursing?
- Describe the difference between local and global evidence?
- In what situation would the use of local evidence be more desirable than external evidence?
- What databases/electronic sources of information enable you to access international evidence?
- You are having coffee with a fellow student or colleague who thinks that theory, frameworks, and models are a waste of time and have nothing to do with practical nursing care. How might you argue that they can help you in daily nursing practice?
- Can you imagine different situations or contexts in which one model may fit better and another in which you might adapt another model? Explain.